Extension personnel within the Division of Applied Social Sciences work in the following Extension focus areas: Agribusiness and Policy and Community Development.
Agribusiness and Policy
The Division’s Agribusiness and Policy emphasis area is under MU Extension’s Agriculture and Environment Extension program. The Agribusiness and Policy emphasis area activities of the Division of Applied Social Sciences focus on the development of research and programs emphasizing economic development through crop and livestock production, continuing through the food and agriculture marketing system, while balancing the consequences for Missouri’s natural resources and environment. Our Extension faculty are connected to the Division’s research to encourage outreach and engagement efforts with our regional specialists for the residents of the state, using Cooperative Extension programming and Commercial Agriculture programming.
- Agricultural Markets and Policy
- Missouri Beef Resource Guide
- Missouri Crop Resource Guide
- Missouri Dairy Resource App
- Missouri Swine Resource Guide
The Division’s Community Development emphasis areas are under MU Extension’s Business and Communities Extension program. The Community Development emphasis area provides research and support to economic and community development through efforts focused on enhancing the capacity of local leaders, increasing the viability of businesses, supporting the decision making of local government and facilitating the enhanced wellbeing of Missouri communities.
- Community Economic and Entrepreneurial Development (ExCEED)
- Experience in Community Enterprise and Leadership (EXCEL)
- Step up to Leadership
- Leadership Online for Today
- Community Development Academy
- Developing a Nonprofit
- Missouri State and Local Taxes and Revenues: A 50-State Comparison for 2012
- Missouri Third Class County Budget Trend Analysis
- Missouri Third Class County Budget Trend Analysis: Workbook Users Guide