The Agribusiness Management program will equip you with the necessary quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills to succeed in your career. Our faculty teach business, economics, entrepreneurship, finance, marketing and management concepts in the context of production agriculture and the global food system.
While stressing conceptual understanding, the program immerses you in opportunities to apply your skills and experience real-world problem-solving.
With this preparation, our graduates have the training needed to help the food and agriculture industry to increase food, fiber and biofuel production; meet the world’s growing needs; and act as good stewards of the globe’s natural resources.
Agribusiness Management career opportunities include:
- Agribusiness and food industry sales
- Commodity and food product marketing
- Entrepreneurial endeavors
- Farm management and production
- Financial management and analysis
- Human and public relations
- Policy and law
- Supply chain management
Bachelor of Science Study Areas and Requirements
- Degree Requirements: Degree requirements for Agribusiness Management BS program
- Courses: Courses for Agribusiness Management
To customize the Agribusiness Management program, you may choose to specialize in one of two areas: management or public policy.
- The Management option prepares you for working in mid-level management positions or pursuing entrepreneurship. Courses focus on management practices, creative problem solving and entrepreneurial thinking.
- The Public Policy specialization equips you with the skills to improve food production and processing, develop agricultural policy, help the economies of rural communities or protect our natural resources. You acquire a solid foundation of economic skills and agricultural knowledge that you can apply to careers such as policy analysis, resource economics and management, law, market research analysis and business.
Gain hands-on experience and academic credit with an internship. Hear from our students about their internship experiences.