Agricultural Education Minors
Agricultural Education Minor
This course of study focuses on the learning and teaching of agricultural topics in informal settings.
- Minor programs require a 2.5 GPA and shall include a minimum of fifteen (15) hours of course credit in Agricultural Education.
- Students must complete a minimum of six (6) hours course work in Agricultural Education courses numbered 3000 or above.
The minor in Agricultural Leadership is for students interested in enhancing their public speaking, analytical reasoning, critical thinking, effective writing and group work skills. A student must complete 15 credit hours of coursework related to leadership and personal development from the list of approved courses.
The Coordinator of the Minor in Leadership must approve courses not on the list. With appropriate approval, an internship with a focus upon providing the student practical experiences in leadership and supervisory roles can be counted toward the 15-hour requirement.
- AG ED 2250: Personal Leadership Development (3)
- AG ED 2220: Verbal Communication in Agriculture Food, and Natural Resources (3)
- AG ED 2260: Team and Organizational Leadership (3)
- AG EC 2223: Agricultural Sales (3)
- AG EC 3241: Ethical Issues in Agriculture (3)
- AG EC 3283: Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship (3)
- PR TR 3210: Personnel Management and Leadership in Leisure Services (3)
- RU SOC 2010: Leadership in Today’s World (3)